News & Events
At MMH, our goal is to keep you and your family healthy. Read on to learn about health and wellness news and opportunities.
Stroke & F.A.S.T.
Tuesday, Jul 23, 2019
Stroke is a disease affecting the arteries leading to and inside the brain. According to the American Heart Association, stroke is the No. 5 cause of death and a leading cause of disability in the US.
A stroke occurs when a blood vessel carrying oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts. When this happens, part of the brain can’t get the blood and oxygen it needs, so these brain cells die.
By learning the warning signs of a stroke, you just might save a life.
Additional symptoms of a stroke include:
- Sudden Numbness – Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side.
- Sudden Confusion – Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech.
- Sudden Trouble Speaking – Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden Trouble Walking – Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden Severe Headache – Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
If someone shows any of these symptoms, call 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY!