The MMH patient portal offers free, confidential, 24-hour access to your protected health information. It provides a convenient and secure way to update and manage your and your family's health information.
MMH Portal Helpline: If you'd like to enroll in our patient portal, did not receive your email invitation or are missing test results or other medical documents, call 812.933.5124.
Cerner Consumer Care: If you've forgotten your username or password or are having trouble connecting to your account, call 877.621.8014.
About the MMH Patient Portal
By signing up for a patient portal account, you will gain the ability to:
- Communicate with your provider through secure messaging to ask questions and update information.
- View your Summary of Visit which will have future appointments, recent labs, visit information, prescribed education, future orders and other information concerning your care.
- Request prescription refills.
- Manage office appointments.
- You can request to schedule, cancel and reschedule appointments with all Margaret Mary primary care providers.
- View appointments at any Margaret Mary Health facility or office and request to reschedule or cancel appointments listed on your schedule.
- Pay bills online and see your balance for Margaret Mary Health providers using the access code from your billing statement.
- Keep an organized record of you and your children's (17 and under) immunizations, allergies and medications.
- Get immediate access to your personal health record anywhere, anytime with the HealtheLife mobile app.
Patient Portal Registration
There are two ways for patients to register for the patient portal:
After your next appointment, click on the invitation link provided in email sent from MMH.
Register online here. (Directions below.)
At your next appointment or hospital visit, a Margaret Mary team member will help you enroll in the patient portal. If you prefer not to wait until then to enroll, you may self-register online.
Onsite Enrollment Process
At check-in, a team member will ask if you would like to receive an invitation to enroll in the patient portal. Be ready to:
- Provide your email address.
- Select and answer a security question as part of the enrollment process for your security protection. Your choices will include birthday, zip code or last four of your Social Security Number.
- An email invitation from Margaret Mary Health with a link to complete your registration will be sent to the email address provided.
Register Through Your Email Invitation
- Click the link in your email from Margaret Mary Health inviting you to join the patient portal.
- Complete the registration process and set your password.
- Once registration is complete, information from MMH will automatically be sent to your portal.
- Your invitation will expire after 90 days so please register quickly after you receive the email invitation. You may want to check your spam in case your invitation is not recognized by your software.
- You will receive a reminder if you haven’t activated the code after 7 days, and then again after 30 days from the time your invitation was sent. These are the only reminders you will receive during the 90-day period.
This option is only available for patients who have visited an MMH provider April 23, 2018 and after. If you prefer to register yourself prior to your next visit, you may complete the self-enrollment process online. Self-enrollment is available for MMH patients who are age 18 or older who don’t currently have access to the new MMH patient portal.
Self-enrollment is currently not available for children, caregivers or guardians. If you manage the health of a patient, talk to the patient’s health care provider during the next visit to receive a personal invitation to view their health information.
- Go here to enroll.
- Enter your demographic information and click "Next."
- Enter your verification information and click "Next, Create Your Account."
- Enter your email address under "I Need An Account" and click "Sign Up."
You will receive an email notifying you when new information is available on your portal. This includes information about any visits, lab work, etc. and answers to any questions you have to your physician or other provider.
If during the self-enrollment process your identity cannot be matched to a patient record, you will be notified that you do not qualify for self-enrollment. This can happen for a variety of reasons. Simply contact your provider office and request an invitation to join the patient portal.
Register Your Dependent(s)
Patients may sign up their children who are 0-12 without them being present, however, online self-enrollment is not available for children. In order to register your child, you must call their provider’s office and get an invitation link sent by email, or you will need to wait until your child's next appointment.
Enrolling Dependents Ages 0-12
- Call your dependent’s provider office and request to enroll the minor under your account.
- One email invitation will be sent per dependent and each will need to be enrolled individually.
- If your dependent has not been enrolled prior to their first appointment, you will receive an email invitation to enroll them following their appointment.
Enrolling Dependents Ages 13-17
All dependents age 13-17 must be physically present at an appointment to provide authorization to allow parental access to their personal health information. It is easiest to obtain this at their first appointment. You will receive an email invitation to enroll them following the appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
The patient portal is an online health management system that can help you manage your and your family’s health information. Margaret Mary Health has partnered with a company called Cerner Health to offer this service to our patients. With the patient portal, you can manage your health care outside of the traditional office visit with free, confidential, 24-hour access to one centralized location to update and manage your personal health information.
- Communicate with your Provider through secure messaging.
- Obtain lab and imaging test results.
- Manage your office appointments.
- Request prescription refills.
- Pay all of your MMH hospital and physician bills online.
- Access anywhere, anytime with our mobile app.
Patients may register for the portal at their next scheduled doctor’s appointment (onsite enrollment) or self-enroll online.
Patients may sign up their children who are 0-12 without them being present. Online self-enrollment is not available for dependents. In order to register your dependent, you must call your child’s provider’s office and get an invitation link sent by email, or you will need to wait until your dependent’s next appointment. Minors 13-17 must be present for parent/guardian to get registered. Access will automatically terminate at the age of 18, with a reminder email of termination sent the day before their 18th birthday. Patients may sign up for patient portal access for those who they have legal guardianship or POA. Your spouse will need to create their own patient portal account and you cannot share medical information or authorized access for dependents.
Simply bring in the paperwork which states you have POA or legal guardianship along with a picture id for yourself to the Health Information Management team at the MMH Main Campus, 321 Mitchell Ave, Batesville.
Using the patient portal, you can conveniently send messages to any MMH provider.
- In the portal, click 'Messaging' from the options on the left
- Select 'Inbox'
- Click 'Send a message'
- Select provider to send request to
- Fill out all fields
- If you're checking on appointment availability, be sure to include your preferred provider, day of the week, time of day and reason for scheduling. We will follow up with a confirmation.
- Hit 'Send'
Your personal health information is as secure in the patient portal as it is in the MMH electronic health record (EHR) system. MMH and your provider’s office will NOT have access to your account. Your data can only be accessed with the username and password you select.
Call Cerner Help Desk at 1.877.621.8014.
If you have not yet installed the app, be sure to choose "Allow" from the HealtheLife notifications pop-up upon installation. If already installed, go to "Settings" - "HealtheLife app" - "Notifications" and then choose "Allow Notifications."
Connect via your Apple Device
For patients with an Apple device, MMH offers the ability to securely connect your health records to your Apple Health app. Follow these directions or print out our step-by-step instructions to learn more.
- From your Apple device, select the Health app.
- Select Health Records.
- Select "Allow" if you'd like the app to find hospitals near you. Otherwise, you can instead use the search bar to search for "Margaret Mary Health."
- Select "Margaret Mary Health" and then log in using your patient portal login and password.