Our mission is to improve the health and wellness of the families in our communities through philanthropy.
The Margaret Mary Health Foundation was established in 2012 to ensure the hospital’s legacy of quality and compassionate care continues for generations. We engage the community as partners in health improvement and raise funds to enhance hospital programs, services and technology. Thanks to our generous donors, the Foundation has been able to provide a variety of grants, a few of which are listed below:
- Financial assistance to nurses pursuing BSN degrees
- Swaddle blankets and new bassinets for our maternity unit
- Technology for our simulation lab, home health and cardiopulmonary departments
- New CPR equipment
- An entertainment center for our pediatric inpatients
- iPads and infusion chairs for oncology patients
- A paved walking trail for community use on our Six Pine Ranch campus
- Funding for a Lock Your Meds campaign providing medication lock boxes to help with drug abuse prevention efforts in our community
- Age-appropriate books for children, ages 0-5, at their well-check visits
Read on for a complete listing of the events that benefit our Health Foundation. For specific dates and times of upcoming events, click on the events featured to the right.
Girls on the Run 5Ks –Girls on the Run is a nationwide after-school program that is held in the spring and fall for 3rd-5th grade girls. Spring and fall 5Ks are held in Batesville at the end of each GOTR season.
Health Foundation Golf Tournament - This event brings together 120 golfers for an afternoon of fun on the Hillcrest Golf Course, followed by a wonderful meal and silent auction.
Health Foundation Gala – Held at Walhill Farm, this signature event is the Foundation’s largest fundraiser of the year and includes dinner, music and live and silent auctions.
Think Pink – Held in October, this unique breast cancer awareness event offers delicious appetizers, door prizes and an inspirational presentation. Proceeds benefit the Margaret Mary Health Foundation Cancer Care Fund.
Neon Night – Neon Night is a family-centered night walk with a goal of increasing walking and fitness activities in our communities. Face painting, glow accessories, music and other glow-in-the-dark activities add lots of fun to this great event! Come dressed in bright colors and join in the fun! Events are held in Batesville, Brookville and Osgood.