At Margaret Mary Health, we are committed to providing quality, compassionate care for those we serve.
Manage Your Health Information Online
The MMH patient portal offers free, confidential, 24-hour access to your protected health information.
Our Singular Focus On People
Each time you step foot in an MMH facility, we want you to have a positive experience.
Pay Your Bill
Learn about payment options and financial resources available to help you manage your healthcare expenses.
Obtaining Medical Records
You may obtain medical records, as well as lab and imaging results, via the patient portal. To request a hard copy of your medical records, please call 812.934.5009 and allow 24 hours for processing and pick-up at our main campus.
Depending on the reason for your visit, this list can help you prepare.
- Be sure you gather and bring any relevant paperwork, including copies of tests and x-rays.
- Insurance companies often require prior-authorization or pre-certification, which means you must notify them before admission to the hospital or within 48 hours of an emergency admission. Please contact your insurance company to determine any network limitations or requirements. For a complete list of health insurance companies where MMH is an in-network provider, view Bill Payment.
- Be prepared to provide our clerks with the following registration information:
- Insurance company/cards
- Current address and phone number
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license
- Date of birth
- Emergency contact information
- Next of kin information
- Employer information
- Bring a list of all the medications you are currently taking.
- Do not forget to follow any special instructions you may have been given regarding diet/medication.
- If necessary, ask a friend or relative to accompany you to your appointment.
MMH is a tobacco-free facility. For the safety and health of our patients, visitors and team members, smoking and the use of tobacco products is not permitted anywhere in the hospital or on hospital grounds.
At MMH, we encourage family and friends to visit loved ones who are in the hospital. Our visiting hours are 9 AM to 7 PM daily. Please enter through the main entrance of the hospital. The information desk is staffed during those hours and visitors will be screened for illness prior to visiting our inpatient units. For the protection of our patients, additional visitor restrictions may be implemented if community spread of viral illnesses including flu and COVID-19 is high.
Our Med/Surg, Special Care and OB unit patients may have two (2) visitors or support people per day. No visitors under the age of 16 will be permitted. Of course, this rule does not apply to children who are siblings of our newborns.
Visitors experiencing respiratory symptoms may be asked to not enter MMH facilities. Visitors for patients in isolation may be required to wear a mask dependent on the type of isolation, as well as additional PPE, as requested.
During your visit, please be sure to control noise levels and be respectful of those around you. Individuals who are ill or do not feel well should also refrain from visiting.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the café is currently closed to the public.
Those visiting patients, however, are encouraged to dine in our café or simply use it for breaks. The dining room area is open all day, however meal times are as follows:
7a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
11:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
4:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
If you are in need of a language interpreter or sign language assistance, please notify a registration clerk or your admitting nurse. (Si usted está en necesidad de un intérprete del lenguaje o firma ayunda del lenguaje, notifique por favor un vendedor del registro, su enfermera que admite, o preferiblemente la llamanda por adelantado de la colocación así que pondemos acomodarle.)