At Margaret Mary Health, we understand serving our community means actually getting out into the community, beyond the walls of our hospital, to meet the needs of area families.
Girls on the Run After-School Program
Girls on the Run (GOTR) is a nationwide after-school program that is held in the spring and fall for 3rd-5th grade girls. The program inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Spring and fall 5Ks are held in Batesville at the end of each GOTR season. To learn more about Girls on the Run of MMH, e-mail Geralyn Litzinger. More information can also be found by visiting the Girls on the Run of Margaret Mary Health website.
MMH is continually evaluating opportunities to address the ongoing drug abuse issues facing our local communities. We offer the below services:
- Drug Disposal Program: If you have unused, unwanted or expired medications in your home, we offer a safe receptacle for proper disposal. The receptacle is located in the hospital’s main lobby (321 Mitchell Avenue, Batesville).
- Drug Testing Kits: At MMH, we offer free urine drug-testing kits to parents. With these kits, parents can test their children in the privacy of their own homes. If children know they may be tested, they may be less likely to use.
Safe Needle Disposal
Many people use needles at home to administer medications to treat conditions like allergies, diabetes and blood clotting disorders. Used needles can be dropped off during weekday office hours at the following locations:
- Margaret Mary Health main campus
- Margaret Mary Health Center at Brookville
- Margaret Mary Health Center of Osgood
- Margaret Mary Health Center at Milan
- Ripley County Health Department
All needles must be in approved sharps containers in order to be accepted. Approved containers are available at the above locations for FREE. To learn more, call 812.933.5000.
Health-related presentations for professional or civic groups are available. Non-profit organizations can request up to two presentations per year. Additional speaking services are available at $25/hour. For-profit organizations will be charged $25/hour, plus travel expenses. To ensure you receive the speaker you request, please give us 2-4 weeks advanced notice for scheduling purposes. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available topics include:
- Advance Directives/Living Wills
- Alcohol/Drug abuse
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- Exercise and fitness
- Herbs, vitamins and supplements
- Immunizations (child & adult)
- Prenatal care/child birth
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's health
Community Health Needs Assessments
A community health needs assessment is used to determine the health status, behaviors and needs of residents in our community. MMH relies on this information to guide efforts to improve community health and wellness and reach three basic goals:
- To improve residents' health status, increase life spans and elevate overall quality of life
- To reduce the health disparities among residents
- To increase accessibility to preventive services for all community residents.
Click below to download Community Health Needs Assessment Plans:
Click below to download Community Health Implementation Plans: