Protecting your eyes from summer hazards is important for maintaining good eye health. Follow these tips to stay safe:
- Wear sunglasses that block 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Use a wide-brimmed hat that provides additional shade and protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is important to preventing dry eyes.
- Give your eyes a break from too much screen time. Practice the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds to prevent eye strain.
- Use protective eyewear, such as goggles, if you’re engaging in sports or other outdoor activities where your eyes are at risk.
- Minimize exposure to chemicals and irritants, especially those common in the summer.
Remember, these tips are general guidelines, and it’s always best to consult with an eye care professional for personalized advice.