The fight against cancer doesn’t stop, even during these uncertain times. Our Cancer Center team has taken multiple steps to ensure the safety of our patients during their treatments, including:
- Screening of any patient or team member who enters the building to confirm they are symptom free. Additionally, face masks are given to the patient and the primary caregiver bringing them back and forth to appointments.
- Many patient appointments, including follow-up appointments, results, nutritional support, surveillance appointments and social services, are being done via telehealth.
- Visitors are not allowed in the Cancer Center, including in-office visits or treatments. If a family member wishes to be included in the visit, we will put the family member on speaker phone when the appointment begins.
- The number of staff allowed in the Center has been cut, too. Additionally, deliveries of supplies are limited to the loading dock and are cleaned before entering the facility.
- On an hourly basis our front office staff cleans counter tops, door handles, phones and waiting room tables and chairs.
- Treatment bays are cleaned before and after each patient completes treatment, along with the exam rooms.
- Family members are welcome to utilize the garden area to sit in front of the treatment bay where their loved one is receiving care.
For questions or concerns, please contact our Cancer Center at 812.932.HOPE (4673).