Remember to Rest
Do you ever feel like you struggle to keep up with the everyday demands of life? Our world is always telling us to do more, work harder and go faster. Unfortunately, far too many of us forget to include one very important element into our daily routines – rest.
Scheduling rest doesn’t mean you’re lazy or unmotivated. Instead, it can give you the energy you need to hit the ground running when life gets hectic. Taking time to disconnect and recharge can also benefit your mental clarity, patience, productivity and overall health.
As you look ahead at all you have planned for the upcoming week, try to incorporate rest into your schedule. Here are a few ideas to help you unwind:
- Read something you enjoy. Kick back and grab a novel or magazine that interests you. Reading can be a great escape.
- Take a bath. As adults, many of us opt for a shower over a bath because it’s less time consuming, but sometimes a long, hot bath can help you slow down and relieve stress.
- Listen to your favorite tunes. It’s no secret listening to music makes us feel good.
- Spend time on a hobby. Work on a puzzle, bake cookies or go fishing. Do what makes you feel alive and happy.
- Take a walk. You get bonus points for getting outside. Going for a slow, relaxing walk can help reset your mood and get some fresh air along the way.
- Meet up with a friend. Scheduling a coffee date or lunch break with a friend can alleviate stress and help you refocus on what’s important.
- Remember it’s ok to say no. You are the keeper of your schedule, and you’re only as busy as you choose to be. It’s ok to say no when you need a break.
Finding balance in life is important to feeling your best. Take time to rest so you’re recharged for the week ahead.