Packing List for Your Hospital Stay
Want to make sure you remember to pack everything you’ll need for your stay at the hospital?
Below is a list of things experienced moms recommend. Margaret Mary supplies diapers, formula, a hat and blankets.
- Insurance Card
- Hair bands for long hair
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, lip balm, deodorant, makeup)
- Eyeglasses or contacts and supplies (if needed)
- Bathrobe, pajamas or nightgown
- Slippers and socks
- Nursing bra and nursing pads
- Supportive bra (if you are not going to breastfeed)
- Address book and cell phone
- A going-home outfit – Bring something roomy and easy to get into.
- Games, cards, crossword puzzles
- Focal point during labor, if you choose
- Change of clothes
- Personal toiletries
- Camera/Video camera
- Something to read
- Rear-facing car seat – You can’t drive your baby home without one!
- Going-home outfit
- Outfit for baby’s picture
- Receiving blanket
- A hat or hair bow, if you choose