Thanksgiving is almost here, and while we love the festivities and family time, a little moderation with your food choices can go a long way towards saving calories. Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
- Eat breakfast. By eating a healthy breakfast, you can curb your hunger and ensure you won’t be starving by the time you sit down for your Thanksgiving meal.
- Choose a small plate. Filling a smaller plate ensures you’ll stick to smaller portions.
- Say yes to turkey. But go easy on the stuffing, potatoes, gravy and rolls.
- Load up on veggies. Eating veggies will fill you up so you’re less likely to want seconds … or thirds.
- Stick to water. Many holiday drinks can be high in calories. Choose carefully.
- Choose your dessert wisely. If you decide to have dessert, stick with one slice/piece, and skip the crust, if you can.
- Take a walk. Don’t give in to the turkey coma. Get your family moving and take a stroll instead.
If you do go overboard on Thanksgiving, don’t beat yourself up. It’s just one day, and you can get back on track on Friday. Happy Thanksgiving!