Meet the Occupational Health Team
Tom DeCilles, MD
- Background: Dr. DeCilles has over 30 years of clinical experience. A graduate of Cornell University Medical College, he is Board Certified by the ABFM. He also holds certifications from the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, the Medical Review Officer Certification Council, the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners, and he is a certified DOT FAA Aviation Medical Examiner.
- First jobs: Auto mechanic and grocery bagger
- Hobbies: Hunting, golf, gardening, theater, fine dining, travel
- What I love about my job: I enjoy helping patients remain active at work, guiding them through the rehabilitation process and returning to full productivity. Because you work hard, we work hard to keep you working.
Lynn Tyrer, PA-C, OTR
- Background: Lynn has over 20 years of clinical experience. A graduate of Indiana University with an undergraduate degree in Occupational Therapy and a graduate degree from University of Toledo in Physician Assistant studies, she is nationally certified by the NCCPA and NBCOT. She is on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners and is a trained functional capacity evaluator, fit tester, urine drug screen and breath alcohol technician.
- First job: Life guard at a State Park beach
- Hobbies: Hiking, camping, snowboarding, travel
- What I love about my job: I love working with employers and employees to improve job safety and get individuals returned to work following an injury. I especially enjoy getting to use both my occupational therapy and physician assistant training in one job. No two days are ever alike.
- Background: Jan has over 14 years as a medical office billing specialist. Prior to this she worked as a bank teller.
- First job: Bakery assistant and started my own cleaning business
- Hobbies: Camping, hiking, biking, fishing, reading
- What I love about my job: I enjoy the people I work with and working with accounts. I enjoy the challenge of balancing the books and getting everything paid.
Vanda Laloge, RN
- Background: Vanda has worked as a registered nurse for more than 21 years and has a Bachelor of Science in nursing from Purdue University. She is certified in drug screen collection, breath alcohol testing, spirometry and occupational hearing conservation.
- First job: Worked in her dorm cafeteria at Purdue and as a certified nursing assistant while attending college
- Hobbies: Spending time with her husband, four boys and two dogs. She looks forward to family vacations to beautiful western Michigan and enjoys nature walks, hikes, spending time outdoors, cooking and watching movies.
- What I love about my job: I look forward to helping improve the wellness of our community and local employers.
Geralyn Litzinger, RN/Manager
- Background: Nursing for 26 years. Director, Occupational Health Services, Wellness and Community Health since 2010.
- Education: BS in Nursing and Masters in Health Promotion with emphasis in Human Resources.
- First job: Worked at a convent in the kitchen and then moved to working in the infirmary which sparked my career as a nurse
- Favorite things to do/or hobbies: Spending time with my family and friends, walking, gardening, golfing and involved with my community
- What I love about my job: I love the people I work with. They are caring, fun, customer focused and also have strong clinical skills to provide the best possible services. I love researching programs and developing them to their fullest potential. This gives us the opportunities to assist with improving the health and wellness of our communities and our local businesses.
Amy Hon, MA
- Background: Amy has worked as a Registered Medical Assistant for 19 years, 12 years of which have been in Occupational Health. She has been in her current position for four years. Certified in drug screen collection, breath alcohol testing, spirometry and occupational hearing conservation. Trained in respirator fit testing.
- Education: The Institute of Medical and Dental Technology
- First job: Housekeeper at a local hotel
- Favorite things to do/or hobbies: Baking and spending time with family and friends
- What I love about my job: I enjoy working with local employers and with members of our community. The variety of services that we offer allow for something new on a daily basis. I enjoy the ever changing field of Occupational Health because I never know what our next adventure will be!
- Background: Laura has worked as an Occupational Medicine Tech for more than 13 years. Her experience includes working with both small businesses and large corporations in central and suburban Cincinnati. She has worked in the front office and the clinical side of Occupational Medicine, including organizing and implementing onsite services at companies. Laura is certified in substance testing, occupational hearing conservation, tuberculosis testing, respirator fitting and spirometry testing.
- First Job: Deer Run Country Club working at the pool and golf course
- Hobbies: Reading, cooking, spending time with family, watching movies and doing anything that makes me laugh!
- What I love about my job: I love working for and with the community to promote healthy living and safety in the workplace. I love meeting new people and hopefully making their day a little brighter!